If you are a user of Windows 10, then you must be familiar with the Edge Browser. It is a built-in and default browser in Windows 10. Like previous versions, Internet Explorer is not a default browser in Windows 10. However, it is present in Windows 10 but not as a default browser. Edge Browser cannot be uninstalled or removed permanently from the PC through settings as it is a built-in app in Windows 10.
There are many new and special features that are available in the Edge Browser for the users of Windows 10. But some of the users of Windows 10 do not like this browser. They are more comfortable with other old and well-known internet browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. The major problem faced by them is that they are not able to uninstall the Edge Browser from their PC. If you are one of them, then you must read this below.
How to Uninstall and Remove Edge Browser
As discussed above, Edge Browser is the default browser in Windows 10. So, it is not much easy to remove it from the PC. This can`t be uninstalled from the PC directly. The users have to download the third-party app for this purpose.
The method to uninstall the Edge Browser from Windows 10 is as follows;
- First of all, users have to download the “Uninstall Edge Zip file” by following the link.
- After completing downloading, extract the downloaded file into the folder.
- Then open the file named as, “Uninstall Edge” by the administrator`s permission.
- The process of uninstalling the Edge Browser will start. Wait for a little while.
- The message of Microsoft Edge should be uninstalled. Please “Reboot Windows 10” will be displayed on the screen.
- Then, restart the PC and the Edge Browser will be removed completely from the PC.
That`s it. Now, the users can install their favorite browser and make it default through the settings. So, if you were looking to uninstall the Edge Browser from your PC, then your wait is over. Just follow the given above steps to uninstall the Edge Browser from Windows 10.